This period of extreme cold weather with snow and ice requires giving your home or property some extra attention and maintenance. Western Properties advise the following:
- have your boiler serviced by a registered plumber to prevent any break down
- repair any leaks
- keep the boiler running day and night at a constant temperature
- check the attic insulation and ensure all pipes are covered
- vacant dwellings should be monitored and water supply turned off and also keep the heating running at a constant temperature
- If possible leave the attic hatch open to allow warm air to circulate, reducing the risk of burst pipes
- be careful not to slip outside by clearing the driveway and shaking some salt grit on paths
If disaster does strike just give us a call and we will come to your aid as quickly as possible. We can assess the damage and provide the best qualified trades people for the job. If required we can liaise with your insurance company to offer the best solution possible.
When the emergency is over it might be time to start planning for the next blast of cold weather by looking at insulation in your home, the efficiency of your boiler, upgrading your windows and doors etc. Western Properties will be happy to offer advice.
Stay safe and warm.